Re: Long-lived Radionuclides

> This concept is, of course, nonsense, but for some
reason it is so deeply embedded in the public mind

Jerry:

I don't think there is any mystery about why this notion (that low-dose
radiation is harmful) is embedded in the public mind.  Because we nuclear
advocates have been telling them this for half a century.  Even the official
Chief Nuclear Advocate (Richardson) is calculating cancers and deaths from
trivial radiation levels.  I can't get the ANS or the HPS or the NEI or
anyone else to refute this silly, unscientific and wholly false idea.  Until
we do, I don't think we deserve a respectful audience listening for the
totally opposite msg from us.  If anyone out there thinks this idea is
scientifically wrong, or even controversial, pls speak up.  It's easily
proven, if you want to look at the evidence.  No one, to my knowledge has
refuted it, although some people just refuse to accept it in public, for
reasons unstated.

Ted Rockwell

I know you've heard it before.  But can anyone deny it?

TR