Re: Nuclear waste needs a home . . . someplace

> Can we accept the political realities of
> the present and wait?

No, see below.

> Are we aggravating the situation by picking at this
> problem ineffectively.

No, the anti nuclear people do that very well.

> Is it out of the question to put the problem on hold
> for a few decades?Mike McNaughton

Yes, for me it is out of the question to put the problem (of radioactive waste
disposal) on hold for a few decades.  This is so because the anti nuclear
people have raised the red herring of "There's no place to put the waste," and
then do everything they can to prevent any nuclear waste disposal facility from
ever being built or operated (vis. Ward Valley).  They do that so they can
continue to tell the public that there is no safe place to put the waste.  We
can't afford not to have new nuclear waste facilities and they can't afford to
have them.  So far, except for WIPP, they are winning.  Al Tschaeche
antatnsu@pacbell.net