Re: Mislabeling

See 172.502 Prohibited and permissive placarding.

Much the same words as my previous note on labeling & marking, but one
(if interested) should read paragraph (a)(2) about signs or slogans
which might be confused with a placard, since this 'exception" is valid
only through October 1, 2001

It is also "of interest" that placarding for a hazardous material may be
displayed, even if it is not required by the reg's, as long as the other
placarding requirements are met. (See para. (c) Permisssive placarding)

"Grimm, Lawrence" wrote:

> Alright!  Dave Pratt has shown that it is illegal to offer or carry a
> mislabeled package in 49 CFR 172.401.  Is it illegal to mis-placard a
> vehicle?
>
> I'm still looking for a prohibition in 10 CFR or an Agreement State's
> radiation regulations for the misuse of the "Caution - Radiation" signs.
>
> Larry Grimm
> UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division
> *       lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu   Phone:310/206-0712   Fax: 310/206-9051
> *       On Campus: 501 Westwood Plaza, 4th Floor, MS 951605
> *       Off Campus: UCLA Radiation Safety Div, 501 Westwood Plaza 4th
> Fl, Box 951605, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1605
> *       If this email is not RSD business, the opinions are mine, not
> UCLA's.

begin:vcard
n:Edlign;Don
tel;fax:502-899-5117
tel;home:502-896-8597
tel;work:502-896-8597
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CROFT Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:dedling@home.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;1105 Old Cannons Lane=0D=0A;Louisville;Kentucky;40207;
fn:Don A. Edling
end:vcard