Re: PPE in biomedical research

  One gloved hand and one not is not common practice in any of the
Institutions I have had experience with in the UK, although some
researchers do adopt the practice. In such cases I consider it is there
prerogative. I do advocate in training courses, however, both hands gloved
and the use of tissues to handle items like monitors, switches, door
handles etc.
  What I wasn't too impressesd with is the cover photograph on the August
Operational Radiation Safety supplement to Health Physics. It shows
students on a training course handling counting equipment with potentially
contaminated gloved hands. Not a recommended practice.

  David Hornsey

 * David J. Hornsey, Radiation Safety.*
 * South Building,                    *
 * University of Bath                 *