Re: "Scientific Evidence"

	Please note that the following about lawyers is misplaced!!

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 18:07:28 -0500 (CDT) Al Tschaeche
<antatnsu@pacbell.net> writes:
> Jerry Cohen wrote:  I wonder just what would constitute "scientific
> evidence".
>
> In a court of law we will never know.  The lawyers keep changing the
> rules.

	The judges are the ones making the 'rules' by their rulings on each
case.  Until one of these cases reaches the US Supreme Court on some
legal technicality, and that case includes the issue of what constitutes
scientific evidence, each federal district court and/or circuit court
will be able to make its own ruling.  Then if you multiply that number by
each state court that hears such cases, you can see that we're going to
be a long time 'in the dark' about scientific evidence.

Bob Scott, Esq., CHP
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island
bobscottchp@juno.com