Re: "Scientific Evidence"

	The defense attorney has the responsibility of thoroughly educating the
court as well as the responsibility of providing jury instructions so
that technical issues such as 'substantial factor' are clearly
understood.  If the court then chooses to ignore that education or
chooses to reject those jury instructions, the defense has a legitimate
issue then to take the matter up on appeal.

Bob Scott, Esq., CHP
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island
bobscottchp@juno.com