Re: DOMENICI SPEECH: RADIATION

At 12:30 31.07.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Can anyone document the following :
>Please list  which plants are being shut down due to lack of
>nuclear aste storage space?
>
>When was the last nuclear plant built and  are there any plans
>for new plants?
>
>Thank you

Do you want to have world-wide information or only on the US? Worldwide
there are many new nuclear power plants under construction and every year a
few start up producing electricity. For instance a new one will start
within short time in the Czech Republic. Information on the status of
nuclear power plants - in operation, under construction, planned.... can be
found at the IAEA website: www.iaea.or.at/worldatom.

I do not think that any nuclear power plant had to be shut down because of
lack of storage place for nuclear waste (you probably mean the storage of
burnt up fuel rods?).

Please note that you have sent 25 kByte to several thousand radsafers by
copying the Domenici-speech. Please note also that I have deleted this part
of the message, in order to save space and bandwidth.......

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458