Re: DOMENICI SPEECH: RADIATION

July 31, 2000
Davis, CA

It seems to me that the closure of nuclear power plants is based primarily
on economics. It is possible that waste disposal costs and waste storage
costs are a factor, but probably not the main one.

I do not think that there are any new nuclear power plants planned in the
U.S., and any power company that would propose one would suffer a
significant drop is stock valuation.

Otto
	Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
	Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
	(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)
	University of California, Davis, CA 95616
	E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu
	Phone:(530) 752-7754, FAX:(530) 758-6140