Technician Vacancy (Boulder, CO)-repost

Due to some problems people have had with the attachment, I have placed the
text below this email.  Hope it helps.  Also please note:  I was informed by
our HR department that you must have a COLORADO ADDRESS to be considered as an
applicant.  Sorry for the confusion, but I'm sure there are creative ways to
overcome that issue.  - Michelle
________________________________
Hello Everyone,

The University of Colorado - Boulder Department of Public Safety,
Environmental
Health and Safety Division (EH&S) is seeking
applicants for 2 full-time entry level technician positions in its Health
Physics Group.  The positions will report directly to the University's RSO
(me)
on the Boulder Campus.  The University's broad-scope license
(Academic/Research) includes the Boulder, Denver, and Colorado Springs
Campuses.

In addition to the requirements in the announcement, applicants must be
self-motivated and be able to communicate in a polite and professional
manner.
The monthly salary range is $2569 - $3544.  Application Deadline:  August 16,
2000

If interested, please contact me for more information at (303) 492-6523 or by
email at barrym@stripe.colorado.edu.  A resume may be faxed to my attention at
(303) 492-1322 or emailed to me.

Thank you,
Michelle
________________________________

POSITION VACANCY

ENGINEERING/PHYSICAL SCIENCES TECHNICIAN I  I5D1*B  Position #00104124
Paygrade I19 ($2569 - $3544)  8/00

Minimum Requirements:  High School Diploma or GED and four years of experience
handling chemical and/or radioactive hazardous material.

Necessary Special Requirements:  Incumbent must be willing and able to respond
to emergencies on the Boulder Campus within one hour.  Incumbent must be able
to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with a Hazardous Materials endorsement
within 60 days of hire.  Pre-placement physical and background check required.

Substitution:  Satisfactory completion of coursework from an accredited
college
or university in Biology, chemistry, or a closely related field may substitute
for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.

Note:  A transcript copy must be submitted by application deadline if college
coursework is used to meet minimum requirements.

Exam Schedule:  Applicants will be notified by U.S. Mail of the time, date,
place, and type of examination required.  Must submit State of Colorado
Application Form B by August 16, 2000.

Nature of Work:  This position is in the Department of Public Safety, Division
of Environmental Health and Safety.  This position assists in the oversight of
the Radiation Safety Program, which exists to ensure the health and safety of
University personnel and the public in all areas where radioactive materials
and/or radiation-producing machines are used.  The position is responsible for
monitoring the use and safety hazards of radioactive materials and working
with
campus personnel to ensure safe working environments.  Additional
responsibilities include implementing programs such as University-wide waste
pickup and processing; receipt, distribution, and inventory of radioactive
materials; data entry, distribution, and letters relating to dosimetry; and
laboratory surveys.  The position also requires writing, analytical and
clerical skills in technical areas; demonstrated skills in communications and
interpersonal relations; ability to work independently, interpret data, and
perform mathematical computations (including algebra); and ability to follow
directions and policies.  Must have basic database management skills.  This
position is required to respond to Campus emergencies involving hazardous
materials after normal working hours as needed.

Michelle S. Barry, M.S.
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Colorado
Health Physics Laboratory