Re: loosing, Tooth Fairy Project

You've heard it before, but for those who tuned in late, I'll say it again:
So long as we nuclear experts keep saying that there is no safe level of
radiation, then all the silly stuff we complain about follows as the night
the day.  After we are willing to state, without qualification,  the
scientific truth, that low-dose radiation is harmless and can be
beneficial--until then, we have no moral right to complain about the
public's "irrational fear" or stupidity.  Until that day, the lawsuits will
continue, people will die because they are afraid to get mammograms or other
life-saving nuclear medicine procedures, new nuclear plants will not be
built, people will violently protest shipping tiny quantities of
radioactivity, etc.  I don't think we can blame them.  (Of course the
political activists will exploit this situation, but we should see that
there is no situation for them exploit.  The anti-nukes are not at the root
of the problem.)

Read the damn literature!  There is no ambiguity or uncertainty about it.
IIt has not been refuted or even substantively challenged.  The only
confusing factor comes from the improper data juggling of a very few studies
that claim to find health problems from low-dose radiation exposure.  And we
are going to start making scientific misconduct charges on some of those.
Such charges will not be made emotionally or ad hominem.  They will simply
point out unacceptable tampering with data and drawing unwarranted
conclusions.

Ted Rockwell