RE: dissolved gases and their effects on DNA damage

One of the most effective mechanism of any molecular effect is most
effectively demonstrated in the ability of a molecule to be exist as a free
radical.  Radiogenic damage can be indirect as well with the production of H
and O by hydrolysis of H2O. both H and O are quite reactive as well as
products OH, HO2, H2O2.  Is suppose the hydyolysis of H2S would also produce
similarly characterized products.  Not so sure of N2 but other forms as the
oxides are quite reactive.