Re: loosing, Tooth Fairy Project

> The fact that the public can't make
rational judgments about alleged risks associated with low dose radiation
that effectively have no experimental data to support their existence is not
my fault,

I think you're missing my point.  WE, including you, are telling them that
trivial amounts of radiation will cause lethal cancers.  It is not
irrational to fear such a situation.  Why is there such reluctance on the
part of nuclear scientists and their institutions to state the truth about
low-dose radiation?  If you disagree with the many scientific reports that
reach this conclusion, then the flaws or errors that you see in those
reports should be pointed out.  This has not been done, and I believe it is
because those reports are correct in their conclusions.

If, after we have publicly made clear these facts, the public still fears
trivial levels of radiation, then I will join you in trying to convince them
to change their minds.  As of now, I don't think we have the basis for
telling them their fear is unwarranted.  The Sec'y of Energy is telling them
he's killing people with LDR!  And no one will argue with him ("DOE has been
good to us.  I don't want to argue with them in public.")

You can't have it both ways.

TR