Steve Wing (more)

Aug. 4

	From an article about radioactive scrap metal in "The Progressive":

	"Some scientists argue that exposure to continual low-dose radiation is
potentially more dangerous than a one-time high-level dose. ''The cancer
curve rises more steeply at low doses than high doses,'' says Steve Wing,
an epidemiologist at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill."

	The URL is <http://www.progressive.org/cusac9810.htm>

	This is much better though . . .

	Wing wrote an article titled "Limits of Epidemiology" (copyright 1994),
published in "Medicine and Global Survival."  Among other things, he
discusses his views on epidemiology, radiation, and "social responsibility."

	In the "Acknowledgements" at the end of the article he writes:

	"Institutional and intellectual support was provided by the Department of
Preventive Medicine, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil, and the
Brazilian National Research Council. I am grateful to the many colleagues
and friends who provided input on earlier drafts. Rudi Nussbaum was
instrumental in encouraging me to write this paper."

	Rudi Nussbaum . . .  Why does that name sound familiar?

	The URL is <http://www2.healthnet.org/MGS/Wing1994.html>.

Steven Dapra
sjd@swcp.com