Re: Swedish energy authority says ok to scrap 2nd nuke

At 14:07 07.08.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks.  That's pretty dramatic.  There's a clear message there, isn't
>there?
>
>Are environmentalists really pleased that non-polluting nuclear is being
>replaced with Danish coal?
>
>Ted Rockwell

Ted,

I would be extremely surprised, if Danmark had any coal to burn, unless
coming from outside....

The deregulation of the market in Europe has given all the advantages to
the countries which produce base-load from nuclear power plants - first to
name France.

Sometimes I wonder, what kind of world we live in. Nuclear power plants are
shut down in one country, in order to give other countries the profit from
nuclear power electricity generation.

Is there anybody outside, who can explain, how Germany will replace the 31%
share of nuclear generated electricity when shutting down all the NPP's? I
suppose that this is a theoretical question, for which no answer can exist.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Please note my new telephone number at my office!

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71100-4458