CORRECTION: Re: Landmark Defense Verdict in Favor of SCE in Wrongful De

In a message dated 08/08/2000 9:59:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BLHamrick
writes:

<< It seems to me that either the judges, or the Cal Ed lawyers, or a
combination of both, got something grossly wrong, because, in fact, the
"natural" incidence of CML at age 40 is one in one hundred thousand, so one
would expect to actually see 2,500 people at age 40 with CML in a population
of 100,000 40 years olds, irrespective of their radiation exposure.  Or, am I
grossly mis-interpreting what's being said? >>

I had a brain burp...what I MEANT to say was:

It seems to me that either the judges, or the Cal Ed lawyers, or a
combination of both, got something grossly wrong, because, in fact, the
"natural" incidence of CML at age 40 is one in one hundred thousand, so one
would expect to actually see 2,500 PEOPLE (or more, because incidence
increases dramatically with age) WITH CML IN A TOTAL U.S. POPULATION OF
250,000,000, IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR RADIATION EXPOSURE.  Or, am I grossly
mis-interpreting what's being said?

That's what I meant to say.

Barbara L. Hamrick
BLHamrick@aol.com