Hiroshima

I read the article from Japan news that started this thread and these are my impressions.

I didn't get the feeling that the article was attacking the use of radioactive materials for peaceful uses nor painting blame for horrible acts of war on the user of the A-bomb in WWII, i.e. the US.

I felt that this commemorative ceremony as reported was an encouragement to all of the Homo sapiens species to strive to use dialogue and diplomacy to resolve conflict rather than instruments of war such as the A-bomb.  The A-bomb being one of the more destructive of these instruments of war provides an obvious  rallying point for these efforts at promoting peace.

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

X-GWTYPE:USER

FN:Duncan Howe