RE: Nuclear Warhead Damage Chart (was Hiroshima)

--- "Pollan, Paul B." <PBPOLLAN@southernco.com> wrote:
> I remember seeing somewhere, that there is chart of damage based on
> the
> mega-tonnage of a nuclear warhead.  Is there someone out there that
> knows
> the whereabouts of such a chart?  Thank you in advance.
>
> Paul B. Pollan, RRPT
> Southern Nuclear Operating Co.
> Farley Nuclear Plant
> email:  pbpollan@southernco.com

    I had a potentially useful resource for you, though not so much a
simplified chart like you were looking for.  The website:

http://www.fas.org/nuke/hew/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html

    goes into a lot of detail regarding damage mechanisms,
development of the blast, varying altitude, and many other factors.
It also carries some references to things you were looking for such
as the damage per given yield.  I found it particularly interesting
as it covers most everything related to the mechanics and effects of
a nuclear detonation.  Hope this helps...

=====
Tye Morancy
Dunbar Radiation Laboratory
Radiation Protection Office