Re: Dr. Alice Stewart (again)

> Our paper also shows that the A-bomb
> survivors were not a normal, homogenous population. They were the best
> athletes--the top 10 per cent--and did not include the young and the old.
> This means that we cannot base standards of radiation safety on such an
> elite cohort.

As expected. When there is a kink in the anti-nuclear armor,
fantasize some causative factor to refute the statistics. In this
case it's "the Hiroshima population was mainly athletes in excellent
condition." Another take on the "healthy worker" hypothesis to deny
the statistics.

The fact is the majority of the survivors live to an average age of
70. That means a whole hell of a ,lot of the survivors live to 80 and
longer!

What's the problem!

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205