Re: Thyroid cancer: Chernobyl

>We probably will not see disease specific mortality stats for this cohort
>for a while... Many thyroid carcinomas are curable, with good prognosis of
>survival.
---
I heard/saw somewhere not long ago a (low) number for the thyroid cancer
deaths among "Chernobyl" children. (I don't want to mention the approx.
number since it may be wrong and also since I don't remember the source -
let me just say that it was _much_ lower than 1800).

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com