Thyroid cancer: Chernobyl

Bjorn,

We probably will not see disease specific mortality stats for this cohort
for a while... Many thyroid carcinomas are curable, with good prognosis of
survival.

Jodi

Jodi Strzelczyk
Assistant Professor
University of Colorado, School of Medicine
Radiology, Radioogical Sciences Division

"We recently read that 1800 children are estimated to have got thyroid
cancer
as a consequence of the Chernobyl accident - but how many of these children
have died from the disease? I search some of the Radsafers archives but
didn't find the answer (skipped a link to Greenpeace - UNSCEAR would be more

preferable).
Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com"