Re: [rad-sci-l] Re: Testimony of Steve Wing to US House ofRepresentatives

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Jim Muckerheide wrote:

> But WAIT, this group is not now used "because of data suggesting that there
> are socioeconomic differences from the survivor population."

	In any city, there are socioeconomic differences among people
living in different areas of the city. Some areas are of much higher or
much lower socioeconomic status than average. In Hiroshima, the high
radiation doses occurred in one section of the city, and low radiation
doses, used as "controls", occurred in other sections. But socioeconomic
differences between the highly exposed people and the "controls" are never
discussed. Can anyone explain this to me?

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260