Re: Testimony of Steve Wing to US House of Representatives

Sorry, I got interrupted and sent this out without adding another point I had
intended:

There is a wholly "non-exposed control group." This is a group of 27,000
selected from the 1950 census whose families were registered in Hiroshima and
Nagasaki, but who were in Hiroshima or Nagasaki for the census, but were NOT
at the time of the bombing.  This would seem to be a relatively good control
group, especially considering that this is a rather poor study population
regarding various data and confounding conditions.

But WAIT, this group is not now used "because of data suggesting that there
are socioeconomic differences from the survivor population."  (I once knew
when it was last reported - anybody?)

Based on our actual experience, we can expect that this means that the RERF
(specifically its masters) found that they didn't like the answers. This has
also been implied by persons at UNSCEAR at the time.

Regards, Jim