RE: Why study baby teeth?/// LOOK Deeper to!

At 11:17 10.08.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>One question that was asked awhile back was: are the Tooth Fairy analysts
sure they are separating out the potassium (K-40)?  I don't recall seeing
an answer to that question and it could make all the difference.

I have written a detailed answer and I have extensively commented the
analytical approach which had been posted on RADSAFE.

All methods to determine Sr-90 separate it chemically by precipitation,
adsorption, extraction etc. The methods used separate it also from any K-40
which might be present. The method as such is o.k. The thoughts behind - as
again and again distributed by Norman, though already extensively discussed
- are the problems. The wrong statements he makes, which have been
identified to be wrong over and over again, these are the problems. The
method of people like Norman, to repeat again and again the same nonsense,
until some people believe it - this is a problem. But now radiochemical
methods!

Franz

>Regards,
>Tony Harrison, RSO, MSPH
>Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment
>Laboratory and Radiation Services Division
>(303)692-3046
>tony.harrison@state.co.us

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Please note my new telephone number at my office!

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71100-4458