Re: Re[2]: Dear Edith and Norm....

Steve and Cecilia,

I apologize in advance if I came across as being upset.  I am.

As I sat in the Plenary Session on Monday during the HPS meeting and again during the *Airlie Revisited* conference, the phrase "We have met the enemy and He is US!" came to mind.

With my blood pressure increasing rapidly, I listened to representatives of international RP organizations state that

1.  Hormesis is "useless" in proving or disproving LNT

2.  "Optimization is a frame of mind"

3.  Stakeholders should determine what is "safe"

AND FINALLY TWO UNJUSTIFIED, UNPROVEN and IRRESPONSIBLE STATEMENTS:

4.    There is "no safe threshold" for radiation exposures,

5.  While 10 mrem might be a safe dose for one person, it may not be a safe dose for another person!

Now please explain to me HOW - with those kinds of statements emanating from the mouths of *supposed* experts - you or I can make any headway in trying to address the concerns of individuals not in our profession or possessing similar training and experience as those in the profession.

Bottom Line:  Until we can begin to speak with a consistent message and stop scaring the bujeebers out of people with inane and irresponsible statements just because we like hearing ourselves talk... we can't beat others over the head for not understanding us!!

My humble opinion only!
v/r
Michael
TRAB