Re: Strontium 90 vice Strontium 89

In a message dated 8/10/2000 9:49:43 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
norco@bellatlantic.net writes:

<< The fallout argument is not
 sufficient because Sr-90 levels in baby teeth should be going down if the
Sr-90 was
 from fallout. Sr-90 levels in teeth in the Toms River area are at levels
equivalent
 to teeth tested in the late 1950s, when above ground testing was at its
height. >>

Just from a layman point of view, has consideration be made for the change in
technology since 1950.  While I am not as familiar with the study as most, I
would believe there would be a greater statistical error and equipment error
utilizing 1950 era equipment and procedures as there would be today.  Is it
possible the Sr 90 was present, but not accurately accounted for?

Steven Wish
ARS of NM