Re: A Technical (Licensing) Question!

I'm not aware of any exemptions for SNM.  The only relaxation of the
regulations is provisions for a general license for calibration or reference
sources, in 10 CFR 70.19.

A few questions that you should be asking?

(1)What is the history of the facility you're decommissioning?  Did they use
SNM?
(2) If they did, then how did they terminate their license?

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com