Ruth - MOX?

We (the USA) can't make MOX because we agreed not to - don't ask me why,
it's just something Jimmy Carter (a good man, but not my favorite person
when it comes to coherent presidency) arranged to ban through the Nuclear
Non-Proliferation Treaty.

The rest of the world can make plutonium into MOX - we do that anyway with
low-enrichment fuel by the irradiation of the U-238 in commercial light
water reactors - what we (again, the USA) don't do is re-process.  That's a
political, not a technical, decision.  I recommend writing to various
governmental bodies to get the Senate to approve an amendment to the NNPT.

George R. Cicotte
(I have no idea whether the Governor agrees with me - unofficial and
uncleared)