To All: Natural vs. Man-made

Yes, all of the naturally occurring uranium (U-234, U-235 and U-238) are
organ seekers with the critical organ being the bone surface.  Additionally,
naturally occurring thorium (Th-232) is also an organ seeker with the
critical organ also being the bone surface.  Bismuth 210 from the decay of
naturally occurring radium seeks the kidney (although it has a short
half-life and may not make it there) and lead-210, also from the decay of
naturally occurring radium is another seeker of the bone surface.

I'm sure that Norm knows this but doesn't care.  I disagree that this is
science talking to religion, this is science talking to big money (taxpayers
money) and some people, some where, are getting rich from all the noise
being made.  I'm not accusing Norm or anyone else, but I'm sure someone is
making bucket loads of money from this.  The bad thing is the environment
and humanity will suffer for it in the long run.

One last thing about RADSAFE.  It seems that far less than one percent of
the members of this list server make about ninety-nine percent of the
postings.  And way too many of the postings are opinions (or poor attempts
at humor) only.  Some of them even make our profession as a whole look bad
in the eyes of the public, and the public does watch this list server.
RADSAFE has become a large waste of time just deleting the garbage rather
than a professional tool.  Note, if you're posting more than a couple of
times a week, it's probably way too many.  If you re-read your post and find
that it's just a vent against someone's opinion, hit the delete key instead
of the send key (or better yet, send it to that person only).  Everyone will
be happier for it.

Finally, I would like to thank all the good people out there that have
helped me in the past with technical problems and questions, most noted the
folks at Georgia Tech and UMass.

Flame me in private as I intend to unsubscribe from this list today.

Sincerely,

David Hyder
Health Physicist
(509) 373-9652