Re: from lochbaum, differences in biological.../strontium

>It is a constituent of high-level radioactive waste stored  at various
> >sites. Sr-90 capsules are used as a heat source in a variety of
> >applications.  All of these are anthropogenic sources.

Ruth and others,

I read about two years ago somewhere about two Sr-90 incidents - Sr-90 used
for lighthouses (or ice-breakers??) I think (the order of many
petabecquerels). One was lost into the from a helicopter near Sakhalin
(probably sea of Okhotsk - spelling?) in 1997 and the other was crushed
under a bulldozer near the river of Yenisey. I have however lost the
litterature sources. Can anyone in Radsafers land give some help?

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com