RE: Re[2]: About this list

Vincent is right.

We have to see the issues for what they are.  The radical enviros have
nature as their religion.  This is a crusade, a jihad and only they know the
true path.

Haven't we seen this behavior before in our world history?  Has it ever had
a happy ending?

It's interesting that with rolling brown-outs, black-outs and higher energy
costs this summer, real people are dying.  Real people are inconvenienced.
It makes no difference.  In a religious war, people have to suffer and die
so those with the true path can deliver their message.

The enviros are not called upon to suggest an alternative to coal and
nuclear.  They can't say what they want, only criticize other suggestions.
They point to expensive, gasp, technologies that can't do the job.  Don't
mind the expense, don't point out the environmental hazards of the
production of solar panels.  It doesn't matter.  It's about faith.

If we could get better, more efficient solar panels, where would we put
them?  What ground will the zealots yield?  What about wind?  Where will the
enviros let the windmills stand?  How many birds cut up in the blades is too
many?

See, we scientists chose the wrong path.  We got an education so we could be
credible.  Turns out, all you need to do is call yourself an activist, or an
environmentalist.  Read the papers.  How many times a day does the phrase
"activists are concerned..." or "environmentalists are concerned..." show up
in the media.  Of course they're concerned, but who are they?  Who are the
activists?  Who are the environmentalists?  Why is their opinion better than
yours?  Why is their credibility higher?  These are the questions to which
we all need answers.

Mark Somerville
Health physics activist

Certified Health Physicist