A question on a simple statistical technique

From: Tosh Ushino@ICN on 08/14/2000 10:45 AM

To:   radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
cc:
Subject:  A question on a simple statistical technique

Ladies and Gentlemen of RADSAFE,

Back when I was in graduate school, I learned a very simple technique of fitting
three data points into a Gaussian curve. This allowed you to estimate where the
peak was. The part of my brain that stored that information has decayed away.

Does anyone know how to do that, remember what it is called, or can point me to
a text book that describes it?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Tosh Ushino

Toshihide "Tosh" Ushino, CHP                  Tel: (800) 548-5100 x2413
Product Development Manager                   Fax: (714) 668-3149
Dosimetry Div., ICN Biomedicals, Inc.         Email:  tushino@icnpharm.com
3300 Hyland Ave., Costa Mesa, CA  USA 92626           tushino@hotmail.com