another old medical treatment question

Dear RADSAFErs,

As has occurred often with many of you, I was approached today by a fellow
staff member with a question about a medical treatment he received as a
child.  I have often seen these questions posed to this august group, so I
hope that you will allow me to ask another one.

This individual recalls being irradiated as a child (somewhere between 7 and
9 years old) for the treatment of ringworm on either the head or the neck.
He recalls temporarily losing his hair at the time, but has had no known
effect since that time (probably about 40 years ago).

His questions are the normal ones:  what were typical doses from such a
procedure; have there been any studies done on this practice; and is there
anything that he should do or watch for in the future.

I told him that I didn't have an immediate answer for him, but that I knew
that this group would be our best bet.  Any help would be very appreciated,
including any references you might be aware of.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly at the address below.  I am out of
the office for a couple weeks, but I do check e-mail in the evenings.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug Minnema, PhD, CHP
DOE Defense Programs
<Douglas.Minnema@ns.doe.gov>