RE: What is Weapons Grade

> Naturally occurring uranium consists of 99.283 percent (by weight) of
> uranium 238, 0.711 percent of uranium 235, and 0.0055 percent of uranium
> 234. Uranium 235 is a fissile isotope. Uranium 238 is not fissile, and no
> amount of it can sustain a chain reaction. It is fertile, which means it
> can be readily transformed into a fissile isotope by neutron irradiation.

	[Kent, Michael  D]

	Just a quick question.

	I'm not an expert, but doesn't CANDU reactors use U-238?  I believe
if they do use U-238 to generate electricity, then I would assume this to be
a chain reaction leading to a sustained criticality.

	U-238 may not be suitable for atomic weapons use, but it is
acceptable for nuclear power plant power generation purposes.

	Michael D. Kent RRPT