Re: Uranium Uptake Above 10 CFR 20 Limit

I seem  unable to communicate, in my usual friendly manner, that my real concern
is not whether there was an overexposure to the lung or kidneys.  I'll concede
that there may not be an overexposure - I don't really care.  Let's call it an
"unplanned exposure."

My concern about this unplanned exposure is that the ostensible cause was a loose
fitting respirator.  Why was the licensee relying on respirators to control
internal exposure in a situation where it seems that engineering controls, i.e.
containment or ventilation, seem more appropriate?  Whats "the rest of the
story."

It's not about dose, its about trust. (Once more, with feeling.)

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com