RE: [2]: CANDU Reactors

Radsafers,

By the time a typical CANDU fuel bundle is taken out of the reactor,
approximately 40% of all fissions have been provided by the 239Pu. It is
created by radiative capture of 238U, i.e. a CANDU reactor is 'relatively' a
good producer of 239Pu since it uses nat-U.

Also both the moderator and the heat transport system contain heavy water
(D2O)

Regards,
Miroslav Lieskovský
Health Physicist