Re: A Real Solution

To all on this thread:  It is true that we have met the enemy and he is us.
It will be interesting to see how California handles deregulation of
electricity.  Here in San Diego our electric bills have tripled since June.
Everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else, especially the politicians.
It is calculated that San Diego county will have spent $350 million more in
the past three months than it did last year at this time.  When winter comes
and homes are heated by forced air, the blowers will result in another
factor of three increase.

The price increases are all blamed on lack of generating capacity in
California.  But Californians won't let any new large generation plants be
built in this state.  So, we've brought the problem on ourselves.  It is
said that the state deregulated electricity in the hope of being able to
build more generating capacity.  But, until the people change their paradigm
of no new plants, we will continue to be in this fix forever.  Now natural
gas prices have doubled so the gas fired generating plants' costs have risen
and their electricity costs more.  Until we get new nuclear plants, we will
never see low electric rates in California again!

The rest of California will be socked with high rates within two years.
Then we'll see if price makes any difference in how people in California
look at nuclear.  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net