From: Dave Derenzo [mailto:dave@uic.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 11:03 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: "Typical" radioisotopes in different institutions

Jim,

Here is what we use at UIC.

Dave

At 02:24 PM 8/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I am preparing a briefing on radiation safety.  I thought it might be
>interesting to present some of the more common isotopes that are
>encountered in different institutions.  I have knowledge of typical
>industrial, DOE, and commercial nuclear isotopes, but would like some
>input for the following:
>
>1)  University Research

P-32 (by far the most common)
S-35
P-33
I-125
Cr-51
H-3
C-14
Na-22
Rb-86
Sc-46
Sn-113
Ca-45
Ce-141
Kr-85 (sealed sources)
Nb-95
Ni-63 (sealed sources)
Ru-103
Sr-85

>2)  "Full Service" hospital

Nuc Med (includes radiopharmaceutical therapies)
Mo-99
Tc-99m
I-131
In-111
Ga-67
I-123
Sr-89
Cr-51
Co-57
Xe-133
Tl-201

Rad Therapy (sealed sources)
Cs-137
I-125
Ir-192
Sr-90

>3)  Genetic Research

P-32
P-33
S-35
H-3
C-14

>It doesn't have to be greatly detailed, I'd just like to know the
>principle isotopes / compounds that someone might routinely encounter in
>these settings.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jim Barnes, CHP
>Radiation Safety Officer