Re: Ring dosimeter problems

Several years ago I remember seeing a finger dosimeter
that was embedded in a plastic finger sleeve that fit
over the top of the finger.  They were very flexible and
fairly strong.

I don't know if they were ever released commercially
(anybody know???), but if so, they might be a good
substitute for rings.

I have also seen bare Harshaw TLD chips mounted to
surgical gloves (light shielded with plastic, then taped
to the inside of a glove) used with some success, but
this is a real hassle to set up and won't work as a
routine programatic approach.

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne/Boeing