From: Richard Rasmussen [mailto:rickras@lanl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 11:40 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Ring dosimeter problems

Bruce,

Here at LANL we have switched from ring dosimeters to wrist dosimeters.
They give us more information for glove box workers and also we have much
less breakage.  I don't think it matters how big the finger is but the act
of putting gloves on and other stresses while working break the ring fairly
quickly.  The wrist dosimeter we use seems to hold up much better.

Regards,
Rick Rasmussen, CHP, RRPT
ESH-1 GMP
PO Box 1663 Mail Stop K988