Re: RADSAFE digest 3384 (extremity dose)

As Bob pointed out, it is possible to get reliable results with wrist dosimeters provided you do your homework and have a consistent source geometry(s) that you have analyzed.

Once you can demonstrate a consistent and reliable correlation between finger dosimeters and wrist dosimeters, you can use the wrist dosimeters and correct the readings appropriately to obtain your "extremity" value.  Correction factors of 2 - 3 would not be unreasonable.

v/r
Michael
TRAB

>>> dave@uic.edu wrote on 24 Aug 00 7:58:08 AM >>>
In one of my previous positions I switched users from wrist badges to ring
badges.  .....