Re: MOX

> the same weight of TNT." ...its just that he was being a bit liberal with
> his usage of the word "fissile" (am I right, Jacques ?).

Yup, you're right.   Any fission threshold makes life very difficult for making
something go boom.  I actually sent Bill Prestwick a long sob-story about
"pre-initiation-proof" designs which goes further to support Jaro's comment that
"it's not that simple."
I'm afraid I actually am one of the authors of a 1960 paper on fissioning an
aluminum target (we cheated and used a 160 Mev oxygen-16 beam at the Yale
HILAC), so I tend to have a very confused idea as to the subtle differences
among "fissile," "fissionable," and other similar "f" words.