From: james.g.barnes@att.net [mailto:james.g.barnes@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 12:56 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Ring dosimeter problems

Several years ago I remember seeing a finger dosimeter

that was embedded in a plastic finger sleeve that fit

over the top of the finger.  They were very flexible and

fairly strong.

I don't know if they were ever released commercially

(anybody know???), but if so, they might be a good

substitute for rings.

I have also seen bare Harshaw TLD chips mounted to

surgical gloves (light shielded with plastic, then taped

to the inside of a glove) used with some success, but

this is a real hassle to set up and won't work as a

routine programatic approach.

Jim Barnes, CHP

Radiation Safety Officer

Rocketdyne/Boeing