Re: Anyone hear of "flawed rad detectors"...

If I didn't know any better, I'd be outraged.  I guess that was the point.

Neutrons are particularly dangerous
  because they can penetrate protective clothing. Two workers died at the
  Tokaimura nuclear plant in Japan last year after exposure to neutrons and
  gamma radiation.

Evidently New Scientists dabble in "New Science"-- the art of combining two or more mutually exclusive statements, at least one of which is completely devoid of fact, reason, or logic, in such a way as to strike fear in the hearts of the unimformed, with the intention of choking an entire industry to the point of surrender with ever more burdensome regulation.  Pretty effective.

Solely my own twisted opinion

Glenn Marshall
(865) 220-1666
gmarshall@gtsduratek.com