Request for information

I need some help for those of you involved in radiation protection and
chemistry programs, particularly nuclear power plants.  We are seriously
evaluating a proposal to develop a significant inventory of computer based
training for continuing training of staff in rad protection, radwaste,
environmental, and chemistry company wide.  Our target audience is the
technician, engineering, and line management at both PWR and BWR sites.
Virtually all the staff is quite experienced and is ready for a new and
innovative training approach.

This effort is intended to augment the current classroom lecture and replace
those training modules where the content is relatively stable and
repetitively provided.  Highly specialized and one time training is not
necessarily suitable for this delivery method.  The content is proposed to
remain generic enough to be useful to multiple disciplines (even outside our
company) but be specific enough to remain interesting and challenging and
meet current lesson plan objectives.  Interactive problem solving,
animation, imbedded video, and other 'gimmicks' are proposed to help
maintain the interest and involvement of the students.  Training delivery
may be distributed CD roms or company intranet or both.

Anyone with experience or interest in this area is encouraged and requested
to contact me at jaleamon@tva.gov.  Your ideas, comments, and suggestions
are welcome and appreciated.  I will gladly share information with all who
respond.  September 1 is my cutoff date for input so please reply quickly.