RE: Tool Monitor and photon emmision question

We use tool monitors from NE/Bicron and are satisfied with the performance
of these monitors.

A SAM-9 model may be adequate in low-background situation and you should be
able to find a used one.  Many are upgrading to SAM-11 units, so some SAM-9
units should be available in the nuclear power community.

The SAM-11 model can be used in areas of elevated backgrounds, but may be
difficult to find in a used condition since they are so new.

Contact Bicron at 800-472-5656.

MGP Instruments in Atlanta also have tool monitors, call them at
770-432-2744.

By the way, are you looking for 5000 decays/min or 5000 photons/min?  How
many photons/decay is your facility mix.  Our plant mix is probably around
1.25 photons/decay, but we'll calibrate to 1 photon/decay until we see a few
more utilities take a position in this area.  How many facilities out there
really look at this area, and what controls do you have in place to check
the emmision fraction?  How about beta contamination monitors?

Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.