Re: EPA Action Level for Radon

I highly recommend the book, "Element of Risk : The Politics of Radon,"
by Leonard A. Cole.  Published by the American Association for the Advancement of
Science,  this book provides a thorough and objective account of the political
maneuvering behind the current radon action levels.  Its description of the Montclair, NJ
fiasco is a case study in how to spend a fortune and not protect public health.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com