Re: Subject: looking for help on determining dose rate of PuBe

I suggest - measure it!!

For calculations I'd suggest a Monte Carlo code - you would also need to
specify the size of the box and location of the source.

But - since it is a small source and a considerable amount of paraffin -
I'd say the answer is "not much".

Also - I'd think you would prefer to have the Cadmium INSIDE the steel.