uranium in drinking water

I am trying to find out if anyone might have an idea of the health
consequences when one consumes high levels (800pCi/liter or around 700
micrograms)of Uranium for 5 years from their well water. The family has been
told that it is not absorbed through the skin in its soluble state, but there
seems to be at least a couple of people who do not agree with that statement.
I have also found a couple of studies that tell it differently.

Hair levels of U have been retrieved and range from 3400 times the high
normal in their 2 1/2 year old daughter to 1500 times the norm in the mother
and next youngest child. The next two children are around 600 times the norm.
The eldest child and father are yet to be tested.

The mother presented at age 33 with low bone mass with no past nutritional
history to indicate such, and progressively decaying teeth. The two younger
children have very poor dental, with good hygiene habits. The youngest again
has no mass to her teeth -- the dentist refers to it as comparable to
drilling chalk.

The radium levels were also tested and are above the federal limits (12pCi/l
of R226 and 3.5pCi/l of R228). The radon levels in their home were 3.7 but in
their water is 9228.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tammy Marks