Re: Who's against DOE's compensation program?

	An even better example of the potential effect of war veterans is
on the issue of "informed consent" in human radiation experiments -- there
was some degree of informed consent in most of those situations. But where
was there "informed consent" for 18 year olds graduating from high school
in 1944 being drafted into the army, given about one month of basic
training, and the being sent as replacements for infantry in the Battle of
the Bulge where they existed under freezing conditions without adequate
warm clothing, with poor food, etc and thousands were killed in battle?

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260