Re: Donning a Respirator inside a CA

Donning of a respirator while I/S a CA (very low levels alpha, usually no
beta/gamma) is done quite frequently at our facility. Even though stringent
frisking needs to be done, you should also consider where that bagged respirator
is being stored until it's needed. We provide non-contaminated lockers
(frequently smeared) for respirators so that the bag does not become externally
contaminated. Workers should always remove outer gloves before even handling the
bag if that bag is placed in the CA.